WIDA Europeans and Worlds 2013 Trophy Design Competition
The World Irish Dance Association (WIDA) is holding a trophy design competition for designs for prizes for the European Championships and World Championships 2013.
Two trophy designs are needed: One for the European Championships and one for the World Championships.
The competition winner will receive EUR 350 in prize money and their designs will be produced as WIDA's Iconic Trophy for the Irish Dance World Championships 2013 and subsequent years (subject to terms and conditions).
Second prize will be EUR 150 prize money, with the design produced as WIDA's iconic trophy for the Irish Dance European Championships 2013 and subsequent years (subject to ts&cs.)
- Trophy must be modern, contemporary, and a design which can move with the times. The winning design will be used as an Iconic Trophy every year for the foreseeable future.
- Maximum dimensions: 30cm x 15cm
- Trophy must be of a size and weight that it can be fitted inside a suitcase and will not break in normal transit, as dancers will be travelling from abroad to compete.
- Materials: Wood, Metal, Glass, Plastic, Ceramic. Other materials may be considered, or combinations of these materials may be used. Materials should be selected to allow for durability, an elegant finish and reasonable production costs.
- Whilst a uniform trophy design is sought, the difference between trophies for first, second, third, fourth and fifth place must be obvious. Please add information of how your design will differentiate between the different places - e.g. different sizes (please include dimensions), different colours (perhaps gold, silver and bronze) and/or different wording etc.
- Designs with environmentally-friendly production processes and/or with better value for production costs may be favoured.
How to submit designs:
Emails should have the subject: WIDA Trophy Design Competition 2013.
Please include name, age, address, telephone number and email address (see terms and conditions).
Terms and Conditions:
- WIDA reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions as necessary.
- Designs copied from other sources will not be eligible to win.
- Copyright: By submitting a design, you agree to WIDA retaining the copyright for the design.
- WIDA reserves the right to change the trophy for future events.
- Elements of non-winning designs may be incorporated into future WIDA trophy designs.
- Winners will be notified shortly after the competition deadline date. For this purpose, please include Name, Age (and details of Parent/Guardian if under 18), Address (including country), Telephone number (including international dialling code), email address and University/School/Dance School (if applicable). Entries without contact information may not be eligible to claim the prize. Details of name, age and/or university/school/dance school may be used in WIDA advertising and/or press releases. Should you not wish your details to be used in this way, please notify WIDA upon entry.
- Winners may be asked to adapt designs or provide WIDA with further design information.
- Winning designs may have to be altered to make production possible. Wording may be changed to fit WIDA's uniform text style.
- Prize money amount will obviously be subject to exchange rate for those outside of the euro zone and could be affected by international bank transfer fees.
- Entrants who have not paid the EUR 5.00 entrance fee will not be eligible to win the competition prize.